The Lord of the Rings Jewelry: Understanding Our Terms and Conditions Policy
Cancellation of Orders
- If you simply change your mind after placing the order, we are happy to cancel your order. Return the order confirmation email and request a cancellation, as soon as possible, and a full refund will be actioned.
- Please note that the majority of orders are dispatched within a few hours of ordering, so to cancel an order, we need to hear from you as soon as possible.
- Orders will be cancelled if we cannot supply the item required, and a full refund will be issued.
- Lord of the Rings Jewelry (LoTRJ) reserves the right not to accept an order, and a full refund will be issued.
- Stripe does not refund and commission charges that occur when an order is paid via Stripe. This amount will not be refunded.
Return of Products
- At LoTRJ we want your shopping experience to be a pleasure without any perceived risk by you. We are happy to exchange or refund within 30 days under most conditions;
If you have simply changed your mind after receiving your order, you have 30 days from the date the product is dispatched to return the products back to us. We will credit your Payment Authority with an amount equal to the cost of the Products less our freight, packaging, cleaning, and handling costs in sending the original order plus any customs clearance charges that may be incurred. There may be cleaning costs depending on the condition of the item returned.
- LoTRJ will not issue credit in cases where packages are not delivered due to non-payment of fees, refusal, or abandonment.
- Refunds will only be made to the original purchaser through the payment Authority where the original purchase was made.
- Where the Products have arrived faulty or damaged, we will either: (i) replace the Products; or (ii) repair the product under the manufacturer's guarantee; (iii) give you a full refund if you so request.
- We guarantee our products for five years. Warranty claims need to be returned to LoTRJ for evaluation and repair, and this is at the owner's expense.
- All Products returned must be returned in their original unused condition, specifications, and packaging, along with any accompanying accessories, Guarantees, and Instructions, together with the invoice and/or packing slip accompanying the Products. Products can not be returned if they have been engraved, modified, damaged, altered, sized, or in the case of rings, custom-made.
- Wrap the Product securely and send it to return to us together with the invoice.
- We do not refund or exchange items that have been specifically custom-made for you, such as rings. All rings are made to order and have been sized to your requirements.
- You must choose the correct ring size, as we will not accept responsibility if the size is incorrect. The ring can be resized locally. If they are returned to us for resizing, there will be a resizing charge but shipping costs.
- Where the Products arrived damaged by the delivery company, please contact the delivery company. Within 24 hours, email [email protected] stating the nature of the damage (i) Wrap the Product securely and send return it with the invoice which accompanied the Products to the Christies store that dispatched your order.
- Problems regarding your order? - You may contact us at [email protected] quoting the order number or call us on +64 (06) 825 6117.
- Payment can be made via STRIPE, an innovative global leader in payment technology. It provides PCI DSS compliant payment solutions under the STRIPE brand, certified with all major card schemes. This is our preferred option.
- PayPal Express is also available as being a way to pay and get paid online. The service allows anyone to pay in any way they prefer, including through credit cards, bank accounts, PayPal Smart Connect or account balances, without sharing financial information. Paypal currency conversion fees are normally higher than from standard banks; therefore, this is not the preferred option.
- Prices do not include any import fees, duties, tariffs or any other charges associated with importing the Products to any country other than New Zealand. Just to let you know, extra costs may be incurred on entry depending on the customs requirement of the country involved. Any additional charges made at the point of entry to a country are the purchaser's responsibility.
- Prices are charged in NZ Dollars. Currency conversion on the site is subject to the bank rate on the day the credit card is charged (day of dispatch). This will vary between credit card companies. Credit card companies may also charge a currency conversion charge which varies between banks and countries. The currency conversion shown on the site is shown as guidance only using the current exchange rate but does not represent a bank's "Sell" rate which will vary by country and bank.
- From our experience, delays in arrivals are caused by slow customs clearance or slow notification to you by your customs that the item has arrived and requires clearing. Once the item has left us, we have no control over delivery. We are not responsible for slow deliveries caused by natural disasters, unnatural disasters, terrorist actions, border controls delays, or anything beyond our control. Please allow plenty of time for delivery if you need the order by a particular date, such as Christmas or Valentine's. There is a chance of delays in the mail systems at Christmas time, and items ordered in the last 10 days have the greatest chance of missing Christmas delivery, even with Express Couriers, if that is your target date. We do dispatch Evenstar's within 48 hours working days and custom-made rings within 7 working days.
- Once the item arrives in your country, you are responsible for organising the delivery and ensuring the item is processed through your postal system. Depending on your shipping option, we will provide all information and tracking where that is available.
- We are not responsible for any delay caused by delivery agents
- We are not responsible for incorrect addresses or postal codes that are supplied to us.
- So that you know, we are not responsible for items that go missing in the post if insurance is not selected as part of the shipping option.
- The New Zealand-based license holder supplies all jewellery items. The packaging that will be shipped with the item, including any pouches, cases and the License card, is supplied by the License holder and is made and printed in China.
We must attach customs documentation to all international packages, including a description of the goods and their cost. Customs or import duties may be levied once the package reaches your country. These additional charges for customs clearance are your responsibility. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, and our experience is that although most orders have no problems, the occasional one does require customs entry fees to be paid. Feedback shows that only a few orders get caught for duty, and there is usually a limit before any charges apply. Currently, this limit in Australia is AUD$ 1,000. Please feel free to contact your local customs office for further information.