Shipping and Returns
- The Hobbits dispatch most items within 48 hours. The exception is rings which are custom made and are usually dispatched within a week. There can be small delays at Christmas time due to demand.
- Shipping is Free by NZ Post International Air. Usually, this takes 10-21 working days from dispatch depending on location and there is no tracking or insurance. No Tracking means that once it has left we have no way to know where it is.
- We also offer Free shipping by International Air with an option of Buyer Protection Insurance as a small extra charge. If the parcel goes missing we will replace it.
- Please note we are not responsible for items that go missing in the post if insurance is not selected as part of the shipping option.
- International Express Courier delivery is available as an option. Delivery is usually 5-7 working days from dispatch (see note below) and is tracked and insured.
NOTE: The Delivery times for shipping are average expected delivery times. These times DO NOT include any delays that may be caused by your countries customs clearance procedures, or delays caused at freight hubs for whatever reason especially in holiday seasons such as Christmas.
From our experience delays in arrivals are caused by slow customs clearance or slow notification to you by your customs that the item has arrived and requires clearing. Once the item has left us we have no control over delivery and are not responsible for slow deliveries caused by natural disasters, unnatural disasters, terrorist actions, delays at border control or anything else that is beyond our control. Please allow plenty of time for delivery if you need the order by a special date such as Christmas or Valentine. We do dispatch Evenstar's within 48 hours and custom-made rings within 7 days.
- We are required to attach customs documentation to all international packages including a description of the goods and stating their cost. Customs or import duties may be levied once the package reaches your country. These additional charges for customs clearance are your responsibility. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country and our experience is that although most orders have no problems the occasional one does require customs entry fees being paid. You may want to contact your local customs office for further information.
- If you simply change your mind after placing the order we are happy to cancel your order. Simply return the order confirmation email and request a cancellation, as soon as possible, and a full refund will be actioned.
- Please note that the majority of orders are dispatched within a few hours of ordering so to cancel an order we need to hear from you as soon as possible.
- Orders will be canceled if we cannot supply the item required and a full refund will be issued.
- Christies reserves the right not to accept an order and a full refund will be issued.
Return of Products
At christies we want your shopping experience to be a pleasure without any perceived risk by you. We are happy to exchange or refund within 30 days under most conditions;
- Where you have simply changed your mind after receiving your order, you have 30 days from the date of the product is dispatched to return the products back to us. We will credit your Payment Authority with an amount equal to the cost of the Products less our freight, packaging, cleaning, and handling costs in sending the original order plus any customs clearance charges that may be incurred. There may be cleaning costs depending on the condition of the item returned.
- If the order is not accepted by the delivery agent and the item is returned. Then we will refund the item ordered less any shipping costs plus any customs clearance charges that may be incurred.
- Refunds will only be made to the original purchaser through the payment Authority where the original purchase was made.
- Where the Products are faulty or damaged we will either: (i) replace the Products; or (ii) repair the product under the manufacturer's guarantee; (iii) give you a full refund if you so request.
- All Products returned must be returned in their original unused condition, specifications, and packaging, along with any accompanying accessories/Guarantees/Instructions together with the invoice and/or packing slip accompanying the Products. All CD ROMs and software must be returned unopened. Products can not be returned if they have been engraved, modified, damaged, altered, or sized. This includes rings sized at your request as we will not resell a ring to another customer after it has already been sized.
- Wrap the Product securely and send return it to us together with the invoice which accompanied the Products to Christies, PO BOX 5103 Palmerston North 4441, New Zealand.
- We do not refund or exchange items that have been specifically custom-made for you such as the rings which are made to order to your requested size. Gold Evenstar's are also custom-made.
- It is important that you choose the correct ring size as we will not accept responsibility if the size is incorrect. Rings can be resized locally. If they are returned to us for resizing there will be a resizing charge but shipping costs.
- Where the Products arrived damaged by the delivery company, immediately contact the delivery company. Within 24 hours email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the nature of the damage (i) Wrap the Product securely and send return it with the invoice which accompanied the Products to the Christies store that dispatched your order.
- Problems regarding your order? - You may contact us at email@example.com quoting the order number or call us on +64 06 825 6117.